Monday

This time in exactly a month....

September 30, 2013




How is this picture even real?!?!? I can not believe that this time exactly a month from today I will be a full time LDS missionary and will be wrapping up my very first day in the Provo MTC. I am so excited and can not wait to go forth and serve!! These past few days I have been feeling so extremely blessed! At first when I got my mission call, it felt so far away and I had no idea what to do the months leading up to it. But this week, I've felt so grateful to get called when I did because I know it has given me some really awesome opportunities that I wouldn't have gotten if I had left sooner. Thursday, I had the neat opportunity to take my sister to her first concert! On the way back, our GPS died and we had no clue where to go. My sister, a very good friend who's also waiting to leave on a mission, and I prayed to be able to find our way home. Sure enough we did! That in itself was a blessing but an even bigger one is that we got to have a really awesome gospel discussion! I have been lucky to have lots of gospel chats lately and it constantly excites me to go and talk the gospel 24/7!
                                                   My sister and I at the concert.
            Saturday one of my dear BYU friends, Tiffani, who is waiting to leave on her mission to Piricaba, Brazil (Sorry I totally misspelled that Tiff!) came down for my bday on Sunday. I am so blessed to be able to see how preparing for a mission completely transforms you !As Tiff and I chatted late into the night, I thought about how different our conversations were than ever before..they were so much more gospel and service oriented! It'd only been a summer since being together at BYU and it was amazing how mission preparation had improved both of us SO MUCH ! It is amazing how when you begin to turn your life and desires over to the Lord he can completely change you from good to so much better than you ever imagined! The blessings he has poured on me have been so great and I can not wait to see the blessings in other's lives as they grow from the Lord.
Sunday was my actual birthday! I don't think anyone could have dreamed of a more perfect pre-mish birthday! Church that day was absolutely amazing! There is so much power in a group of members meeting and sharing their testimony! That evening there was a missionary fireside where converts shared their amazing stories and once again I was reminded of the power of proudly sharing our testimony. It was an amazing sacrament meeting. The third hour was combined and bishop gave an amazing lesson.

                                 "Seek to make the Lord's agenda, your agenda."

Bishop shared this quote and it absolutely struck me! This could not be more true! After church I gathered with my family and two of my best friends to eat cake!
Then the missionaries came over for dinner. They gave a really great lesson. I can't believe soon I will be giving a lesson in a home!! The missionaries talked about finding happiness through repentance and turning to the Lord.
             "If you're not happy, repent! Because the Lord wants us to be happy." 

This little bit from the lesson made me think of my favorite scripture, 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." So to wrap it up, I know Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. I know when we live our lives how he wants, we grow, and have more than just momentary happiness..we have eternal joy! I can not wait to go forth and share the gospel, the true way to happiness.



                             -Soon to be Hernmana Medina
Also: I got to take mission pictures on Saturday and can not wait to get them back!

No comments:

Post a Comment