Sunday

Hola queridos amigos!

September 18, 2013



Hola y’all!! I know what you’re thinking….NOT ANOTHER MISSIONARY BLOG. But alas, it is indeed. So I received my mission called to Monterrey, Mexico around Jun 20ish. This is the picture I submitted along with my mission papers.
My reporting day is Oct 30th to the Provo MTC where I will spend 12 days there and will then head to Mexico for the next 17 and a half months!! On July 20th, I got the amazing privilege of going through the temple with my wonderful Mami and Papi to help me prepare for my mission.
The first few month preparing for my mission flew by! Everything seemed perfect. I had problems now and then but not much more than anyone else! Then in early September I found out my apartment housing at BYU Provo hadn’t gotten canceled like I thought it had. I freaked out because unless I quickly found someone I’d have to pay for rent until Aug 2014 in an apartment I wouldn’t have ever set a foot in! For those of you who don’t live in Provo, selling an apartment right now is SO HARD/DIFFICULT. Because so many girls are leaving on missions there is a highly decreased need for housing. I knew some people who have gone 8 months paying an apartment they didn’t live in. Along with that huge load of stress, I started getting nervous about going to a country that has been having quite a few violence issues. What if I wasn’t meant to go? What if I had rushed this? What if?? As I shared these anxieties to my lovely parents, we all started feeling on edge. Then one lovely Wednesday, I went out with the sister missionaries in my home ward in LJ. I vented to them about my worries and doubts. After taking the time to listen to me, one sweet sister asked, “Carla, how did you decide to go on a mission?” It had been a long time since I had seriously thought about why I had chosen to go on a mission. I sat and thought for a moment. Then I related to the sisters, the sweet experiences I’d had that the Lord had led me to deciding to serve. At that moment, I didn’t know if my apartment would get bought. At that moment, I didn’t know why Mexico was my assigned mission. At that moment, I knew once again why I had chosen to go on a mission. I came home with a strong feeling of serenity and the rekindled excited-ess to serve. We celebrated my dad’s 47th birthday and later that night I went to my room to do some evening reading. I got a text from an unknown number. This unknown number turned out to be someone who wanted to buy my apartment contract! Just like that this huge issue had been resolved. I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have had a potentially highly stressful and financially hard situation resolved so easily. I know the Lord is constantly placing people in my life who are helping me prepare. I think the sisters in my ward have no idea what a influence they’re making. I have some friends who have just been such an inspiration. My parents’ willingness to help me has been amazing as well! As I continue this journey to being closer to leaving, I’m excited to see who the Lord will place in my life to teach me and I’m excited for any opportunities I’ll have to teach. I’ll keep my preparation updated and my sister will keep my mission updated. BLOGS WITH PICTURES ARE JUST SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE. My countdown!'
My mission area:
I am already in love with the Monterrey Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment